Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Subscribe to a Magazine!

Any one will do!
Actually, do some research out there and find a good magazine fit for you and your family. Magazines that focus on kids and kids stuff are the best. I get a ton of ideas from my favorite "Family Fun." This magazine is STUFFED full of fun, easy crafts and 90% of the time I have the stuff I need already in my house. I LOVE it. One tip: Family Fun is really geared towards school aged kids, witch some toddler activities. Still, I have been able to adapt a lot of the projects for my young-un's. If you're looking more for recipes and more articles (especially for tween+ kids) try FamilyCircle. I LOVE the recipes in this one, and it's got a lot of articles with great tips for all aspects of your family life, including your marriage!
Here's what I love to do with my magazines once I've read through them: I have a couple file folders marked for Tips, Recipes, and Crafts & Activities. Then I skim through the magazines and rip out the pages I'll use again and file them away. Then I let my four year old have his way with it. We find letters, pictures, etc and glue them to papers. Then, I recycle what's left!
One tip: Don't pay full price. Check out sites like mypoints.com where you can get discounts and incentives for certain magazines. That way, you get points for buying it and you save as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment